French anthropologist Claude Lévi-Strauss proposed a structuralist theory that suggests the raven obtained mythic status because it was a mediator animal between life and death.
Flóki Vilgerðarson was the first Norseman to deliberately sail to Iceland. His story is documented in the Landnámabók manuscript; however, the precise year of his arrival is not clear. Flóki took three ravens to help him find his way to Iceland, and thus, he was nicknamed Raven-Floki (Norse and Icelandic; Hrafna-Flóki).
In Norse mythology, Odin is depicted as having two ravens Huginn and Muninn serving as his eyes and ears – Huginn being referred to as thought and Muninn as memory. Each day the ravens fly out from Hliðskjálf and bring Odin news from Midgard.
- Height: 2" (5 cm)
- Black on black
- Fully embroidered, rayon thread on nylon base
- Black hook backing with cover
- Merrow edge
Operations [Updated: 2022-NOV-01]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2022-NOV-01]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.