A military fork of the popular civil Wndsn High-Viz Quadrant Telemeter, this NATO-MIL model features an input scale graded in NATO-MIL (360°/6400), from 0 to 150 in 1 MIL increments. This edition comes with custom instructions and a digital military field manual. (Reference: MIL vs. MRAD vs. NATO-MIL)
The 2022 version of the NATO-MIL qTM model (v. 22b). Changes are: matte black surface, enhanced vision scale for more accurate readings in low light, 150 MIL scale graded in 1 MIL, 1:25,000 coordinate scale.
A tool for makeshift navigation, recon, and rangefinding, the double-sided Wndsn Pocket Quadrant Telemeter enables you to do more than merely guessing distances. Find an object of known size, or distance, or angle and measure with the appropriate scales and utilize the baked-in trigonometry to find the desired value by aligning the provided string across the various scales.
The backside features a degree, NATO-MIL, and slope quadrant, a coordinate scale for 1:25,000 UTM/MGRS and similar maps, as well as sine and cosine arcs and an inclinometer scale. The Quadrant Telemeter lets you measure angular size and compute distance, height or depth of object, altitude, or elevation, it allows computation of sine, cosine, and tangent for a given angle.
The best tool is the one you have with you, on you. Wndsn Telemeters are wallet-size distance and altitude nomographs developed in our applied science lab: Wndsn Telemeters combine a thousand years of civil and military engineering, surveying, navigation, and astronomy in one durable, low tech, high utility instrument that can be brought anywhere, is self-containing, and independent of external, modern technologies. Wndsn Telemeters are naked-eye tools that offer various means of measuring angular size, as well as graphical computers providing functions to process or convert the measured values. Their purpose is to help you navigate using known landmarks or astronomical features, to get a "second opinion" to cross-check values obtained with different means, or in emergency situations when other methods fail or are unavailable.
Made in Germany.
- Wndsn NATO-MIL Quadrant Telemeter, double-sided
- Dyneema string, 0.35 mm turquoise, pre-configured in the required length
- Plumb line weight, tungsten carbide (similar to the one pictured)
- Custom-made carton sleeve
- Printed 32-page Telemeter pocketbook (in English and German)
- Digital 170-page comprehensive field manual (in English or German, please specify)
See also: Quadrant Telemeter Tutorials
[Note: Due to the manual production process, slight variations in finish can occur.]
- 3.4" x 2.2" (8.5 x 5.5 cm)
- Matte black surfaces, white core with white scales
- 1/8" (3.2 mm) Acrylic stock, laser engraved
- Custom scales for bulk/unit orders possible, please inquire via email
- New for 2022 is the opportunity to book online classes in German or English for small groups, units, or individuals customized based on prior skill-level and background, please inquire via email.
Operations [Updated: 2022-AUG-01]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2022-AUG-01]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.