The patch depicts the setup of a lunar eclipse; where the shadow of the Earth is eclipsing the Moon and thus preventing sunlight from reaching the latter. In our design, Earth is shown in the center; a reminiscence of the by now superseded geocentric astronomical model of the universe, with Earth at the center. Under the geocentric model, the Sun, Moon, stars, and planets all orbit Earth -- a theory that curiously doesn't impair the function of certain models, e.g. in astrolabes, where it becomes apparent that ultimately, it doesn't matter whether the Sun revolves around the Earth, or vice versa, as long as the relative relationship is properly described.
A further element of the design is the obliquity of the ecliptic, and the axis tilt of Earth at 23.44°. The symbol for the Earth is the ancient Sun cross, a modern astronomical symbol representing the Earth rather than the Sun.
See also: Wndsn Universal Moon Clock
- Height: 2" (5 cm)
- White glow-in-the-dark and turquoise on black
- Fully embroidered, rayon thread on nylon base
- Black hook backing with cover
- Merrow edge
Operations [Updated: 2022-AUG-01]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2022-AUG-01]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.