[Out of print. Please see the third, greatly expanded edition of the Telemeter manual (including the Quadrant backside) and the addendum on time and date.]
Many uses of the Telemeter are apparent after simple instructions, but some techniques require some in-depth practice and special attention to detail.
This detailed manual for our flagship Telemeters gives you in-depth intel on the science and historical background underpinning our navigation tools. We introduce the contemporary metrological science and ancient navigational history which influenced the low-tech design. For people new to our Telemeters, this book serves as a handy guide on how to get started. For the more experienced, the advanced tutorials will challenge your knowledge and help you push the boundaries of what your Telemeter can do.
(Please note that this manual only covers the Telemeter front side. The reverse Quadrant side is described and explained in a digital manual supplement that is included when ordering the instruments themselves.)
Don't have a Telemeter yet? You'll find that with some ingenious inbuilt hacks you can use the back cover of the book as a functional navigational tool!
- Wndsn Telemeters - Graphical Distance Computers: Official Manual
- The first batch (as long as stock lasts) includes a piece of Dyneema string and an R-clip to convert the book into a fully functional Telemeter
The manual provides advanced tutorials on the following topics:
- Extending the Scales
- Measuring Latitude for Celestial Navigation
- Powers of 10 and Scale Jumps
- Measuring Angular Size
- Measuring Size Instead of Distance
- Resection: Triangulation, Trilateration, Triangulateration
- Resection Error Margins
- Small-Angle Calculations
- Accuracy Estimations
- Calibrating Device Resolution
- 92 pages, full color
- Perfect bound
- 7.75" x 4.75" (19 x 12 cm)
Operations [Updated: 2021-SEP-24]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2021-SEP-24]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 4 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once to twice a week, depending on order volume.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.