Icelandic magical staves (sigils) are symbols called Galdrastafur, and are credited with magical effect preserved in various grimoires dating from the 17th century and later. The patch is an accurate (including all the small details that most other designs leave out) square rendition of the "Vegvisir" magical stave that is to guide people through rough weather. Legend has it that
If this sign is carried, one will never lose one's way in storms or bad weather, even when the way is not known or in unfamiliar surrounds. The word "Vegvisir" is derived from two Icelandic words: veg and visir. Vegur means Road, and Visir stands for the word Guide. Silver, related to the moon and the ebb and flow of the tides illuminates the way forward through and out of the darkness in the black background.
See also: The Vegvisir Legend
- Height: 2" (5 cm)
- Silver on black
- Fully embroidered, rayon thread on nylon base
- Black hook backing with cover
- Merrow edge for the velcro-backed edition; lasercut for the iron-on edition
Operations [Updated: 2021-DEC-01]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2021-DEC-01]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.