Same product as Wndsn Pocket Quadrant Telemeter (qTM) 7x7x500q90i30 Acrylic, EXCEPT that the input scale on the left-hand side of the Telemeter is graded in NATO-MIL (360°/6400), from 0 to 130 in 2 MIL increments. This edition comes with the same instructions manual as the regular qTM -- if you want NATO-MIL, you know what you are doing and can abstract the necessary adjustments. (Reference: MIL vs. MRAD vs. NATO-MIL)
A tool for makeshift navigation, recon, and rangefinding, the double-sided Wndsn Pocket Quadrant Telemeter enables you to do more than merely guessing distances. Find an object of known size, or distance, or angle and measure with the appropriate scales and utilize the baked-in trigonometry to find the desired value by aligning the provided string across the various scales.
The backside features functions derived from ancient astrolabes; a degree and slope quadrant, a shadow square, as well as sine and cosine arcs and an inclinometer scale. By using our string as a plumb line, we offer three additional ways of sighting, plus we let you perform various trigonometric operations with the shadow square and sexagesimal scale, increasing the usefulness of the instrument with the list of applications topping 75 currently. The Quadrant Telemeter lets you measure angular size and compute distance, height or depth of object, altitude, or elevation, it allows computation of sine, cosine, and tangent for a given angle.
The best tool is the one you have with you, on you. Wndsn Telemeters are wallet-size distance and altitude nomographs developed in our applied science lab: Wndsn Telemeters combine a thousand years of civil engineering, surveying, navigation, and astronomy in one durable, low tech, high utility instrument that can be brought anywhere, is self-containing, and independent of external, modern technologies. Wndsn Telemeters are naked-eye tools that offer various means of measuring angular size, as well as graphical computers providing functions to process or convert the measured values. Their purpose is to help you navigate using known landmarks or astronomical features, to get a "second opinion" to cross-check values obtained with different means, or in emergency situations when other methods fail or are unavailable.
Made in Germany.
- Wndsn Pocket Quadrant Telemeter, double-sided
- Dyneema string, 0.35 mm turquoise, pre-configured in the required length
- Plumb line weight, tungsten carbide (similar to the one pictured)
- Custom-made carton sleeve
- Printed 32-page Telemeter pocketbook (in English and German)
- Digital 240-page full manual (in English)
qTM Pocketbook / Anleitung:
See also: Quadrant Telemeter Tutorials
[Note: Due to the manual production process, slight variations in finish can occur.]
- 3.4" x 2.2" (8.5 x 5.5 cm)
- Glossy black
- 1/8" (3 mm) Acrylic stock, laser engraved
Operations [Updated: 2021-OCT-23]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2021-OCT-23]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once to twice a week, depending on order volume.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.