The patch shows the Wndsn logo on the top-left, overlaying a band of logarithmic scale marks, symbolizing the intelligence motto "observe, evaluate, control". The main area of the patch depicts the boundaries of the divided city of Berlin, with the premier division going from North to South, separating the city with the infamous wall into an Eastern and a Western part, the difference being expressed by the black and white background respectively. The Western part is divided into the French sector making up the North, the British sector covering the middle, and the American sector containing the Southern city districts. Three famous landmarks are shown prominently and in contrasting colors, a further nod to the ambivalence of what only superficially seem to be absolutes; first and centrally the Brandenburg Gate (1793), paying homage to the Prussian heritage, depicted from a view across the wall from the West into the East; second the TV tower (1969) as a symbol of modern times, also an exclusively East-German project; and third the victory column (1873), located in the Western part of the city and acknowledging the influence that war, both hot and cold has played over the centuries.
See also: Berlin - Outpost of Freedom
- 3" x 2" (7.5 cm x 5 cm)
- Silver and white on black
- Fully embroidered, rayon thread on nylon base
- Black hook backing with cover
- Merrow edge
Operations [Updated: 2022-AUG-01]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2022-AUG-01]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.