This manual is written for use with Telemeters graded in degrees. Abridged version, 287 pages PDF, this same edition comes as a digital supplement included with every Telemeter bought.
You will receive an email with a download link. Please make sure to provide a valid email address.
[Note: The comprehensive 538 pages print edition of this book is available on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, as well as at your book dealer of choice under the ISBN: 979-8768267384.]
Description and use of the Telemeter, Horary, and Sine Quadrant. Abridged digital edition of the fifth edition.
The fundamental concepts of distance and altitude calculations, as well as advanced tutorials, formulas, and reference tables.
The Wndsn Quadrant Telemeter is a simple observational tool for measuring angles via various inputs combined with a number of means to directly process the acquired values. This instrument is equally useful in altimetry, surveying, etc., for taking altitudes, and determining right-angled triangles. This manual is about the theory and practice of the instrument.
The 5th edition of the manual describes and teaches the operating system of the Quadrant Telemeter and once again refines and expands the knowledge base and power of the Wndsn suite of telemetry tools.
This 5th edition advances its function as a study guide and textbook both for the novice and expert user with an entirely new part laying out and codifying standard situations for applied trigonometry in the field, with worked examples for the various ways of both sighting and processing the acquired data.
Using a Wndsn Quadrant Telemeter to determine latitude (at night with Polaris), calculate declination of the day with the respective arc, and a measurement of the Sun altitude (backsighting), one can derive at least 18 data points and actually calculate all of them directly on the quadrant.
- Digital (PDF) Edition Wndsn Quadrant Telemeters - Graphical Telemetry Computers: Official Manual
The manual provides background science and history, set up instructions, reference materials, and advanced tutorials.
- 287 pages, black and white
- 8" x 5" (12.7 x 20.32 cm)
What's not included in the abridged edition?
- Quadrant history
- Astronomy background
- Sine Quadrant tutorials
- Device Calibration
- Extensive reference tables
Operations [Updated: 2023-JUN-01]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2023-JUN-01]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.