The Night Ops Telemeter is a re-release of an old classic, a simple, one-sided Telemeter engraved on transparent acrylic, made with a special slot to accommodate a 1.5" (38 mm) mini chemlight for lateral illumination of the scale marks for night-time or low-light observations. The Night Ops Telemeter features a maximized set of scales with 7.5° x 7.5 x 500 units as well as our new single-line font for 2021.
With the transparent acrylic and a special engraving technique, we make use of the refraction property of the material which allows reading the scales against a light background where they appear dark as well as in the dark, where they appear light -- thus providing contrast in most conditions.
Our bestselling Telemeter (TM) is a measurement, calculation, and exploration instrument with thousands of units in use by professionals such as emergency, security, and law enforcement personnel, also teachers and instructors, as well as private enthusiasts, urban explorers and adventurers.
As seen on Soldier Systems Daily and on Spartanat.
Current TM model (v. 21d). Changes are: enhanced vision left-hand sighting scale.
A tool for makeshift navigation, recon, and rangefinding, the double-sided Wndsn Pocket Quadrant Telemeter enables you to do more than merely guessing distances. Find an object of known size, or distance, or angle and measure with the appropriate scales and utilize the baked-in trigonometry to find the desired value by aligning the provided string across the various scales.
The best tool is the one you have with you, on you. Wndsn Telemeters are wallet-size distance and altitude nomographs developed in our applied science lab: Wndsn Telemeters combine a thousand years of civil engineering, surveying, navigation, and astronomy in one durable, low tech, high utility instrument that can be brought anywhere, is self-containing, and independent of external, modern technologies. Wndsn Telemeters are naked-eye tools that offer various means of measuring angular size, as well as graphical computers providing functions to process or convert the measured values. Their purpose is to help you navigate using known landmarks or astronomical features, to get a "second opinion" to cross-check values obtained with different means, or in emergency situations when other methods fail or are unavailable.
Wndsn Quadrant Telemeters continue to spark and promote interest in contemporary metrological science and ancient navigational history as well as educational astronomy.
Made in Germany.
- Wndsn Night Ops Telemeter, one-sided with slot to accommodate 2" mini chemlights
- NO CHEMLIGHT INCLUDED, please procure a 1.5" (38 mm) mini chemlight in the hardware store/fishing supplies/etc.
- Dyneema string, 0.35 mm turquoise, pre-configured in the required length
- Custom-made carton sleeve
- Printed 32-page Telemeter pocketbook (in English and German)
- Digital 240-page full manual (in English)
See also: Quadrant Telemeter Tutorials
[Note: Due to the manual production process, slight variations in finish can occur.]
- 3.4" x 2.2" (8.5 x 5.5 cm)
- Glossy transparent
- 1/8" (3 mm) Acrylic stock, laser engraved
Operations [Updated: 2023-JAN-10]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2023-JAN-10]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.