The Wndsn Explorer's Notebook is Wndsn's entry into stationery with a notebook made from fine fountain pen friendly paper printed with a specially laid out turquoise dot grid with a number of useful conversion scales and trigonometry aids and a Telemeter in the back.
Your calculations and thoughts are only good when they are written down. The Explorer’s Notebook is a one-of-a-kind springboard to effective note-taking, organizing, and documentation. This pocket notebook is designed for easy portability, durability, and pleasure of writing. Sustainably designed for fountain pen fans, the Explorer’s Notebook is printed on Swedish Munken Pure 120g/m² (32 lb) paper. Munken Pure is cradle-to-cradle certified, from sustainably managed forests and will take even your inkiest fountain pen without bleed through.
You will first note the 40 pages of dot grid paper, designed for ease of writing, drawing, and calculation notation. The right page maintains a conventional square grid, while the left page is an isometric grid. Held right side up, the grids flow from one page to another; the user’s writing will be seamless. Turn the notebook 90 degrees and the isometric grid is ready for 3D drawings.
The spirit of experimental exploration is always at the heart of Wndsn products and no product would be complete without aids to ensure that the explorer has accurate mathematical results. In the back of the notebook, you will find a compendium of useful scientific guides and 18 conversion nomograms for all of their exploratory needs. These include:
- Trigonometry: Definition of SOHCAHTOA and an explanation of the Law of Sines.
- A printed Sine Quadrant with short instructions for graphical sine, cosine, and tangent computation.
- 18 intuitively usable, graphical, at-a-glance unit conversion nomograms for angle, speed, temperature, weight, volume, and length.
- A moon clock, a visual aid in determining moon phase from observed lunar shape and altitude.
Featuring Fedrigoni Sirio Black 290g/m² (107 lb) stock, the front cover is embossed with the Wndsn Polaris logo, a favorite amongst patch aficionados. The back cover features a 10-degree Telemeter, realized in white screen-printing complete with instructions to attach a paperclip with some string to the back of the notebook, and the user has his or her own working Telemeter.
The Wndsn Explorer's Notebook is the perfect EDC complement, whether you want to enhance the accuracy and reliability of your calculations in the field, or whether you want to make quick notes on the go while still having an exemplary writing experience.
[Note: Due to the manual production process, slight variations in finish can occur.]
- 40 pages of conventional and isometric dot grid paper printed in turquoise
- Size: 3.5" x 5.5" (89 x 140 mm)
- Packaged in bundles of 3
- Last 8 pages: 18 conversion nomograms: angle (deg/time), speed (kn/ms/mph/kmh), temp (f/c), mass (lbs/kg/oz), vol (gal/l/qt/pt), length (in/cm, m/yd/ft, km/mi/nm), angular size (moa/deg, mil/deg/mrad)
- Inside pages printed on Swedish Munken Pure 120g/m² (32 lb)
- Cover material: Fedrigoni Sirio Black 290g/m² (107 lb)
- Front cover: Polaris pentagon embossed
- Back cover: 10° Telemeter with instructions (yes, it's upside down, on purpose)
- Supplemental 4-color flyer with best practices for note taking, and use of features
- Made in Germany
- 3x Wndsn Explorer's Notebooks, bundled
- 1x supplemental flyer
- 1x G10 bookmark made by Fred Perrin (optional and in limited quantities)
Operations [Updated: 2023-JAN-10]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2023-JAN-10]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.