The latest Polaris Explorer edition comes with glow-in-the-dark features. Visualizing the Wndsn Expedition Team mission objectives; observe, evaluate, control, the patch prominently features observation of ursae minoris, the little dipper, with Polaris, the north star to be found at the far end of the handle of the ladle. By sighting alongside a quadrant, we are able to evaluate and hence determine our latitude through the angle measured; 30° North. Finally, the steering wheel symbolizes control; navigating towards the destination after charting the course. The white of the stars is picked up in the measuring device and lines of sight providing the necessary clarity against dark instruments. In traditional thought, Turquoise unites earth and sky, it is also the color of light through night-vision equipment and testament to the high tech aspect that is always present but never completely relied upon.
See also: Determining Local Latitude with Polaris
- Diameter: 2" (5 cm)
- GITD and turquoise on black
- Fully embroidered, rayon thread on nylon base
- Black hook backing with cover
- Merrow edge
Operations [Updated: 2022-NOV-01]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2022-NOV-01]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.