This manual is written for use with Telemeters graded in degrees. Description and use of the Wndsn-Telemeter, Horary, and Sine Quadrant.
[Note: If the book is out of stock here, it's available on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, as well as at your book dealer of choice under the ISBN: 979-8768267384, or get the digital, abridged edition as a PDF download.]
The fundamental concepts of distance and altitude calculation, as well as advanced tutorials and formulas. Mastering time and date and predicting the apparent movement of the Sun and the stars. Includes a primer on the basics of astronomical coordinate systems and the navigational triangle. 5th, once again expanded and revised edition.
The Wndsn Quadrant Telemeter is a simple observational tool for measuring angles via various inputs combined with a number of means to directly process the acquired values. This instrument is equally useful in altimetry, surveying, etc., for taking altitudes, and determining right-angled triangles. This manual is about the theory and practice of the instrument.
The 5th edition expands upon the 3rd and 4th edition, now clocking in at 538 pages, 197 figures, 31 tables, 50 equations, 139 glossary entries, and 97 bibliography entries.
- Wndsn Quadrant Telemeters - Graphical Telemetry Computers: Official Manual, 5th Ed.
From the changelog:
- More detail and easier introductions for beginners throughout.
- More graphics and more worked examples.
- All procedures are now supported by graphics with arrowed numbers pointing at the respective steps.
- The chapter on the functions of the Sine Quadrant is fully reworked and expanded based on original research, with full explanations demonstrating its completeness as a calculator to solve any trig problem.
- A Wndsn community project has become a full chapter; nine standard sighting situations are laid out and codified with sample formulas and procedures as well as worked examples.
- Community contributions are featured throughout from users in the field, from using the Telemeter without any known dimensions other than our own, to using the Quadrant as a simple, yet highly sophisticated and accurate star compass.
- Greatly expanded glossary and bibliography.
- 538 pages, black and white
- Perfect bound
- 8" x 5" (12.7 x 20.32 cm)
Operations [Updated: 2023-JAN-10]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2023-JAN-10]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 2-3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship once a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.