An educational aid to teach the basics of the apparent movement of the Sun, the Wndsn Sun Compass provides a 180° dial and can be used to derive the cardinal direction from the Sun, with the local time known, it can be used to visualize the path of the Sun with the respective hour angles, and it can be made to demonstrate the principle of a simple equatorial Sun dial. Made in Germany.
- Wndsn Sun Compass, transparent acrylic
- Custom-made carton sleeve
- Printed 16-page pocketbook (in English and German)
[Note: Due to the manual production process, variations in finish occur. Acrylic surfaces are polished, with non-rounded edges. The tools are not meant to be conventionally pretty.]
- 3.4" x 2.2" (8.5 x 5.5 cm)
- 1/8" (3 mm) clear cast acrylic with laser-cut scales
Operations [Updated: 2021-JUL-04]
- Production, research & development, and order fulfilment are all working undisrupted.
Shipping [Updated: 2021-JUL-04]
- Current run time for oversea orders is about 3 weeks avg. This might change at any time depending on situation in country and on freight routes.
- Shipping to the U.S. and Europe is up and running, we currently ship twice a week.
- We are not able to accept orders from the UK until further notice pending the resolution of "Brexit" tax and tariff disruptions. In the meantime, please use an alternative European or international address.
- Please check the status page reporting the effects on shipping and delivery by Deutsche Post and DHL as well as our shipping information to see whether it affects you currently and over time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.